Monday, April 23, 2012

Midwest Living

I'm a Michigan girl. Born and raised. I love everything about living in the Midwest. Especially, experiencing all the seasons. By the time I am sick of one season, another comes around and I am happy again. I love cold winters and hot summers. I love spring and the crisp air in the fall. Sometimes, I think I would be happy living somewhere south of here, where it's warmer for more of the year. But, then I wonder how I would feel at Christmas time, hanging lights off of a palm tree. Not good. So, I think i will stay right here. Plus, I am a sucker for tradition. I have no intention of moving out of this house. I want my daughters to be able to come home to THIS house. Where all their memories are. I would hate to "pull the rug out from under their feet", the way it was done to me. I don't feel like a have a connection to my childhood. No hometown to go to, no house filled with memories, no family inviting me to visit. Nothing. I will not do that to my girls. I do know that this will be an issue for Frank, because he hates the winter and intends on moving away as soon as everyone goes away to college. He may just have to go by himself. I love, love, love small town charm. Little boutiques, restaurants, resale shops, farmers markets. I am itching to travel around the midwest this summer with my family. Keeping it simple, exploring, eating, swimming. I have a few ideas for day trips, and weekend trips. I wish school was over. I'm tired of the schedule. I need to relax. (I say this every year at this time)

No comments:

Post a Comment