Wednesday, April 11, 2012

So sleepy!

Working the night shift is exhausting. Not always, but once you don't get enough sleep, and you add that to another day of not enough sleep....your doomed. That happened to me yesterday. It was Easter and I thought I would get a call off, but didn't. So I was awake for 24 hours straight. After working my 12 hour shift, I was practically out of my mind. Cross-eyed, dizzy, confused, completely useless. When you work nights, you are always counting your sleep hours. And trying to do more than you should. I am not sure how long I will be working nights. But, it's better than working days. I've decided I don't get paid enough. My time is valuable, to me, and I think I should be compensated way more than I am. I was thinking the payments could come in the form of clean laundry, or a spotless house, or a day to myself. I mean, cash is good too, but I can think of other things that I would rather have. I wish I had more time to spend with the kids, unhurried, and without thinking of what needs to be done. Every extra minute I have is spent doing chores, making list of chores, or going to work. I sure wish I could go to a Cubs game.....like someone I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment